Re: The blind swordsman - a flash audio only game

I don't find this game to be offensive at all. People are ignorant of blindness in real life and can do everything from babying us to attempted insults involving our blindness, so you kind of have to develop a thick skin towards that or end up living a very miserable life. As for blindness being a curse, I'd actually agree with the main character, haha. I've learned to live with my blindness and am very independant, I even have some martial arts experience. But you can bet that if there was ever a way that I could regain my site, even if it was experimental, I'd do everything I could to get in on it.

My favorite games are not in english. I play a lot of japanese games, which ironically is easier for us to do in a lot of cases than it is for sighted people. I know people play imports and use translation utilities, but in our case the main utility I use is a plugin to one of our major screen readers, so it's very simple. I'm a huge fan of RPG gam es. Strategy is ok, though I tend to prefer more of a tactical RPG over a strategy game. Basically if it's an RPG, I'll probably end up liking it. Action, tactical, turn-based, whatever. And yes, as Wyvern said, we are seriously lacking in those. At least in english.

Funny that you mension a mobile version for blind people, I was just saying on twitter the other day that I actually thought this game would make a neat iOS game.

Thanks for coming to the forums. We could always, always use more interested game developers here, heheh.