Re: PC Gamer article on cheating

Interesting article though I'm inclined to agree with the conclusion. I've also noticed that in indi games that are run fairly there are indeed few to no cheaters even when the games are competitive.

Also I confess I freely use cheats in many single player graphical games just as the CO of the cheats company said, to insure the games are a fun rather than frustrating experience, for example I often use skip level cheats in 16 bit era games which didn't have save functions to restart at the last level I finished. Heck some of the access options I've seen offered in indi graphical games verge on cheats, eg, disabling time limits, slowing game speed for understandable reasons.