Re: python check problem

Pdb is a debugger built into Python.  I forget, offhand, how to use it.  I have found debuggers in general to be unhelpful at scale, in any programming language, so I've forgotten the commands to most of them.  But some quick Googling will get you info on it.

Additionally, though I haven't tried it, VSCode supports Python debugging.  Given that VSCode's debuggers are actually very nicely accessible once you figure out how to use them, that may also be a good option.