Re: Looking for a new mud to play

Regarding UossMud:
Its RP is basically nonexistent and its players base is fairly small.
But its interpreter is pretty bog standard. It's not a diku-style interpreter where you can shorten everything, but take it from me when I say that you wouldn't take long getting used to it. All your fight commands should be aliased anyway, since they're multi-word and specific.
I agree re: sometimes you are asked to kill x mobs in an area, and only get 1/4x mobs in the area itself. That does bug me a bit. But to say there's nothing else to do when this is going on is ridiculous. Every area of the game, even FF5, has areas to fight in for virtually all levels. Repops are usually under twenty minutes for lower level areas, and under an hour for higher ones. I have a level 58 character right now, and I've also got a level 100 legend, and I can say that the game is indeed being updated, and there are virtually always other missions to do. Use the wiki. it's not as bad as you make it seem.
That said, the game's got its issues, for sure. It can be hard, and you've got to be quick. there's a sound pack, but it's honestly...not all that good. Dying hurts. A lot. And you will die at some point.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nerdcasm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GameCoder via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zoroko via Audiogames-reflector