why rare stuff disappears from the internet

Hi,
TLDR, I tend to collect things before they disappear from their original source, and this makes me appreciate my own work much more.
I have been thinking about how far I'v come in collecting TTS voices and such things, and I tried to find my original sources even though I didn't really need to.
I first went to ftp.scansoft.com where I got  the LH evaluators, but that sight is no more.
I then went to Dolphin's sight and tried searching for the files I used to put together my orpheus.iso file, but it seems those files have disappeared.
I then tried to find some of my sources I used to put together my Willow Pond audio software iso, but those sights are very hard to find or they disappeared altogether.
It seems my sight is the only sight that still hosts the SAPI4 SDK, so nv access got it from my sight. If I wasn't hosting that, sapi4 may have been broken in NVDA 2019.3 and later.
I am not complaining about all of this since I already have the stuff that I want, but if I didn't get this stuff when it was still online, I would of had no luck.
No-one else would even think of collecting such rare stuff, so I am happy I am doing the things that no-one else bothers to do.
Also, some people are referencing some of my installers. For example, the Microsoft Sam and his fellow TTS voices wiki states that you have to get LH Michael and Michelle sapi5 from my sight. I am happy many people recognize my work.
I am curious if anyone else on hear has examples of rarities they found before the sight disappeared.