Re: world of destruction, a new MUD by rbstudios (in beta)

It's not all bad with this MUD before people think I'm shitting on it. That's not why I'm shitting on it. I'm more shitting on it because, there's a lot of MU* that say 'in beta', that have put time and effort in and made it original and interesting. That'd be like me just cloning the Lambda core DB, and putting a topic up saying 'Hey guys I started a MOO and it is in beta and I will work on it'

Vague promises. Rory, you know why I told you to take the game down and work on it then relaunch it? Because right now. There's no /reason/ to play your game. You rushed this out the door with promises of 'oh it gets worked on'

Yeah that's all well and good, but you know what my first impression was? Stock standard CoffeeMUD classes. No shopkeepers. One person killing important Mobs over and over and over. A stock standard Midgaard zone like I find in every MUD ever. Tell me why I should play your game instead of any of the millions of other MUDs out there that have the exact same systems? I could just log ont co CofefeeMUD's official server and get more areas/features.

I know. I know you're working on it. But first impressions do count for a hell of a lot, and mine was 'this is not beta worthy, this is pre-alpha'

For reference, IF this is beta...and beta means mostly feature complete, I'm not sure this game will last if you're sticking with what you got.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jescat277 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ilyas booneehee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jescat277 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : supremekiller via Audiogames-reflector