Why the spam on online games?

Hi,
I've noticed a trend lately and am wondering if anyone has an explanation for it.

On things like Quentin C's Playroom and other online games, I've noticed people spamming a lot. For example, they'll send "keyboard smashes" to the chat with no apparent rhyme or reason.

Some signatures on here seem to be the same thing (and no, it's not because they just "might sound that way because they're in German," they are actual keyboard smashes as far as I can tell.)

What's with this trend? It's pretty annoying especially in online games where you're chatting among yourselves and someone just decides to start spamming.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Erick via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam Smith via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector