Re: Why the spam on online games?

Having spoken from personal experience, yes. I'd say boredom, attention seeking, not sure how to respond, ETC. I used to do this myself though I like to think I've grown in maturity ten-fold since my register in midish-2017. I feel like the fact that you're hiding behind a computer plays a role here. You probably wouldn't do this in real life, definitely not to the full extent of online spamming, so it's done because offenders don't have people to yell at them in real life about it. They're not really going to get into trouble (not hugely anyway) so I guess they don't have a reason to stop unless they're a repeat offender. In that case, you'd hope a kicking/banning system would be put in place to handle those types of issues. BSG's done a couple of articles on why these types of expressions are used online. I thought they were quite interesting and worth the read, so you can find them here and here. These articles specifically give detail on phrases like "balls" and animal sounds though simple spamming is also covered.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Erick via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam Smith via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : JasonBlaze via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : JasonBlaze via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thunderdragon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector