Re: help finding people to discuss something with

@cantorlot: Yes, songfic is a thing.  A songfic is any fanfic that makes reference to songs and music that is not part of the fandom the fic is written in. The most notable songfic example is the Harry Potter fanfic _My Immortal_.  Though it's more of a Good Charlotte songfic, as it never actually mentions the song _My Immortal_ anywhere other than in the title, if memory serves.  If you haven't heard of My Immortal:
http://myimmortalrehost2.webs.com/
After that, all other songfics are just presumed bad.  Yeah, something more event-driven would play to my strengths. Unfortunately, that really doesn't work well in something as character based as MLP; event-based fics are far better in fandoms like startrek, where it's as much about the cool ships and neat technology as it is the people.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cantorlot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fastfinge via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fastfinge via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cantorlot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fastfinge via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cantorlot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fastfinge via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fastfinge via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : darkabomination via Audiogames-reflector