Re: Unity accessibility and cross-platform audio games

here we go again.

Frastlin has something.  I don't know how well it works and I don't have the link handy.

Half the features of Unity aren't for coding.  They're for level editing, so that you can do things like see what it will look like when you play the game, or compose things by dragging and dropping, or run your asset pipelines, or whatever.

The people behind Unity don't care.  The people behind Unity probably won't ever care.  There is no money in it and it would b a project of epic proportions.

I'm not going to say more than that because frankly this conversation has been had to death and I don't feel like trying to explain what Unity actually is for the millionth time.  Perhaps someone else has bookmarked links.  If not, you can certainly search the forum.  This conversation has happened at least twice in as many months.  Suffice it to say that it is very easy as a new game coder to think that unity is this magical land of happiness that can solve all our audiogame problems, but if you look into it to any depth you will quickly realize that even if you can get the basics working, 90% of the value is in the tools you can't use.  I.e. the level editing, the debuggers, the visual property editors, the list goes on for a good while.