Are there any audio editing tools that do something like this?

A bit of background. I make TTS audio productions, and work with true voice a lot. The problem with these voices, however, is that many consonant sounds such as S, and T, are disproportionately loud in comparison to the rest of the speech,. Every time I write a seen using these voices, I have to manually go through with gold wave and tern each of those individual sounds down, because they become more irritating, and they would become even more noticeable once I put the seens together in stereo, if I had not gone through the files first. I haven’t tried rendering them in 3-D sound yet but I get the feeling they could become even worse. it’s ridiculously time-consuming to go through each audio file and make sure everything is at equal volume levels. Is there any sort of tool that I can put, for example, consonant sounds from one of the voices into, and when it detects the sound, it normalizes it? Not like noise reduction, just making every thing soundsmooth, for lack of a better word.