Re: Some questions about linux

@15

To change the panel that Ubuntu Mate uses, open the MATE Tweak tool, arrow down Twice, tab till you find the combo box that lists all of the different panel desktop layouts ya can choose from, then space on it. Netbook is among those.

After choosing the layout you want from the dropdown, hit space on your choice, then press OKay to save the changes when the dialog for confirming pops up.
Finally, hit Alt-C to close the dialog.

For most distros (if not all of them), you can technically change the desktop to your liking.

@Everyone

As for the LXDE desktop (besides using it with ADRIANE Knoppix and possibly Debian), I have never used it with any other distro. My favorite lightweight desktop, is XFCE. Now that, has a nice interface!
I've installed it using Ubuntu proper and Debian, though I have not tried it with any other distro.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nsoft15 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
[...]
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector