Re: Miriani Mud

Challenge... I like Challenge.  I don't know why, but I do like challenge.  Maybe I'm the minority, maybe I'm the psychotic twit who just never understood the meaning of backing down but... I like Challenge.
Anyway, enough about challenging challenges; lets talk some Miri.  Pay close attention, please, or you might miss important tidbits of info that you really could use.
1.  Points.  Anyone can get them; not everyone really knows how.  There's a few things to keep in mind here; some activities are honestly easier to get into than others and will more or less always dish out the same amount of points, such as asteroid hauling.  Depending on when you haul a roid and where you haul it from you may also get more credits than points.  ON the other hand, if you're willing to work your way through some of the more tedious activities, mainly couriering and archeology, you'll find at higher courier ratings or archeology levels that you're collecting both more points and credits for your work than if you were just salvaging debris, roid hauling or planetary mining.
2.  License versus combat.  The activities I mentioned above are all going to give you license points.  Combat activities will give you?  Well, combat points!  Basically, anything that is combat related... No, this does not include beating up on other players but on praelor, which is the hostile race that is always trying to stick its nose in everybody's business and make life a living hell for just about everyone.  If not for praelor, the community would be even more toxic than it is now; it is the one thing that joins the average civilian pilot and the pirates together.  Basically?  You can be more or less assured safety from pirates if missions are running and you're in on them and you're actually doing your job.  Supposing you hear someone call for missions over general communication, which usually takes the form of "number of spots, mods/advanced/diffs/random diffs etc, you really should consider going.  You'll acquire combat points quite quickly, on top of being able to observe things you otherwise wouldn't, such as how people actually fly missions and what you can personally expect if you ever manage to get yourself higher end ships.
3.  No, not everyone's a jerkwad.  I've met seasoned players who are willing to help you out as a newb... I was able to get myself going because of one, while another would willingly buy me just about anything I desperately need because he's just nice like that.  I won't tell you who these people are because the last thing I need is you going, "Oh, and BTW, Nocturnus sent me to you, said you were an absolutely angelic being and..." This is known as metagaming.  Basically, I'm giving you an advantage right off the bat even though you are technically supposed to be a new player.  Another example of metagaming is hypothetically you and your friend being on a conferencing app like skype or TT, then you either hear through your friend's computer that they were stunned or your friend shouts out, "CRAAAAAAP! THEY JUST STUNNED ME!"  You should, not, do anything about it!  NOTHING!  Until you find out by some in game means, be it because your friend was left on Omega or some other nefarious popular stun and strand site and was able to communicate with you or voiced it over chatter or start sending smoke signals with their cutting torch or... I'm sure you get the point.  This is the section where I'll simply say that if you're a newb, you and I will more than likely be meeting up soon and I will do my best to help you however I can.  I've taken those others have deemed as misfits and I've taken those who others have classified unworthy.  My greatest project to date was a pilot fresh out of the non-existent accademy everyone refers to in game as if it really was a thing, who spent a fair amount of time with me out of locals and became so incredibly good owing to strategy that now everyone including the pirates love him.  So no, not everyone's evil.  Not everyone's out to get you; it's a question of watching carefully and seeing who is and who isn't.  I'm willling and I'm daring... I'll get you out of a stun and strand situation for nothing in return if I don't feel you deserved it.  You treat me right?  I'll treat you right.  You backstab me...
4.  Yes, there are bullies.  There are plenty of them.  There are people who think it's super fun to go picking on people smaller than themselves.  On a place like Miri, words are just as much action as going and blowing up a probe you felt was out of place and you didn't want scanning you while you were leaving locals.  maybe they have insecurities; maybe in public they feel like super sissies and you'd never actually see them acting like that if you encountered them on the street and so, they feel the need to pretend to be tough.  Word of caution; if this is you being the bully, I want you to remember that pride goes before destruction.  If, on the other hand, you're the one being bullied?  Good news; it doesn't rain forever.  Even within game a person can't hold you for any longer than it takes to cook a good meal and watch a good movie, so if they stun and strand you?  Go cook a good meal and watch a good movie!  Once you return from your good meal and hopefully good movie, you'll find things a bit calmer and be able to come up with ways out of whatever situation you're in.  Players cannot hold you any longer than six hours.  Anything beyond that is a pretty big nono.  On the other hand?  If you're instigating, regardless of how you're doing it, you had better believe you're setting yourself up for the chopping block and no amount of crying is going to save you from it.
5.  You can have fun.  Yes, you really can!  There are orgs and groups of people who just hang out together!  I have a close circle of friends and we wouldn't say no to letting you in if you need help, protection, resources, whatever.  Don't use or abuse us and you'll be just fine!  I don't care if you or I have had disagreements in the past, in char or out of it, provided you're willing to let go of them.  While it's not exactly easy to find me, it's not entirely impossible either.  Look for me hard enough and you'll get there.
Beyond all of the above?  Ask your questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KG4RDF via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Quentin via Audiogames-reflector