Re: Online college destroyed my motivation, please kick me into shape

Ime,  Therapy helps because you're talking to someone about your problems consistently, fwict, not because CBT or DBT or whatever the therapy de jour is has any magic powers to motivate. Either that, or all ... is it 6? 6 therapists I've talked to about this just suck at giving me anything whatsoever to work with. Other than empirical evidence that thinking about French poetry essays causes my ability to focus to shut down. But that wasn't talk theffapy so much as a machine of dubious scientific quality.
Just throwing it out there ... but something tells me that y'all have significant social lives and meetspace hobbies, and have consistently had these for most of your lives? And do not have ADHD?
That's a prediction. I don't have any evidence beyond what you've said here. But i think that, if it were a matter of thinking your way into will power, I'd've thought my way there by now. Or at least, would have a single, solitary example in which this happened, even if it wasn't reproduceable.
Also-also, I think maybe my model predicts the OP's problem better.
... Hm. If something small to get back on track is all that is needed... Study-group on Skype or whatever voice chat platform (chatform?) people are using these days? I recall people who literally pay someone to sit on Skype and keep them on track, so apparently it helped them.