Re: Online college destroyed my motivation, please kick me into shape

That's the thing though, Cae_Jones. Every single one of those adaptation strategies that work for you constitute a choice that you made, work that you did. The power was quite literally inside of you. That's not some mystical woo-like philosophy with no underpinning. I'm not saying that all you have to do is own your shit and you'll do better. Flip that over. If you -don't own your shit, you can't do better.

I have struggled off and on with motavion, with personal failure, with faults too numerous to name here and now for the better part of my adult life, and I'm thirty-six. I'm also old enough, experienced enough and nonpresumptuous enough to know that the strategies that work for me on a personal level don't work for everyone. I mean, share away when it comes to such things, but I don't think us throwing stuff at a wall and seeing if it sticks is a great way to go. Instead, I tried to tackle the why and the how, because that's where it all starts. If you don't tackle those things in some fashion, you backslide. Something goes wrong. something stops working. Old patterns are reborn. It's an ugly situation to be in, and I have a world of sympathy for anyone caught in it.

It is not as simple as willing yourself to get better. But if you truly don't want to change things, or aren't willing to do the work to try and stare your problems in the face and deal with them honestly, then you're going to struggle to achieve meaningful and consistent progress. That's all I'm saying.