Re: Creating a code free RPG using Sable(video 14), by Ebon Sky Studios

Morning everyone,

Thanks for all the posts and words of support. Since there’s a lot of questions which have come in and I’m a little limited on time as have my little boy at mine today, rather than answering everyone individually I’ll just answer all the questions in one go below:
-     Basic sounds will be included with the Sable QA test build. They are all just place holder sounds, so are only for the purpose of testing Sable. There should be enough sounds to start testing each feature of Sable. So basically every sound  folder in sable will have some sounds, or have example sound sets  with sounds in ready set up. We obviously encourage people to also add their own sounds though, to make your worlds and maps feel more unique.
-    You sadly can’t have enemies walking around in Sable. Enemies only appear as random encounters   or as a boss battle triggered by an event. Enemies are not therefore physically placed on the map. NPC’s are also currently static and do not move round  on the map either.
-    projects will be tied to your specific version of Sable and the PC you created it on. You cannot share projects between different computers
-    We are more than happy for people to share videos of their projects, the more awareness of Sable we can create the better. As you mentioned though we would ask you credit both Sable and Ebon sky Studios, also that you point out in your video that it is only an alpha build. As mentioned  its only out for testing purposes and still needs lots of polish and extra features and functionality in places, we don’t want people wrongly thinking this is the final/complete  product.
-     Regarding Crimson Eclipse, there isn’t any more news to share on this at the moment. Currently the full focus  is on Sable and its current QA testing. Once that is complete  I will be able to fix any minor bugs which might be identified . the game design team can then focus on  Crimson Eclipse. As soon as they have more details to share on that project they will
-     Yes Sable is 32bit,
-    Sorry Gaki_shonen, I did see you had posted the question about event triggers changing tiles previously, I remember seeing it, but I must have just forgot to mention it in my reply. it’s not currently possible, but it’s a great idea.
-    Sable will not be available to purchase after the 31st May, Sable is still in its  alpha stage, which is a very early stage of development. This means there may be minor bugs in this current version, it still needs extra, polish, refinement and extra functionality. part of the purpose of the test release is so everyone can try out sable first hand, but also to report any issues they might find so we can address them. It is not the finished product, This was only meant to be a private testing team using Sable at this point in development, but with the corona pandemic and so many people on lock down, we wanted to do our part to help try and lift spirits and remove boredom by making the test version available to  everyone. People do need to be aware though it is not complete and wouldn’t have normally gone out for public testing so soon, this is just our way of saying thank you to the whole community for all your support of the project and giving you all the opportunity to test sable hands on, even if it is only still in early development.
-    When Sable expires on the 31st may, Sable will cease to function, , this will also mean any  projects you have already made in Sable will also become unusable. So Sadly anything you create during the 3 week testing period will only be temporary and will be lost after that time. Even when sable is finally released projects you create now will not work in later versions of sable due to changes and extra features we are likely to add. I appreciate after working hard on a project it will be sad to lose it, but hopefully everyone at least gets to this way enjoy the software for 3 weeks and get a feel for what they might create with sable when it is finally released. I think the famous saying is ‘it is better to have loved a project in Sable and lost it, than to have never of had the project to have loved at all’ or at least I think its something like that wink
-    Finally just regarding release, our intention is to first release our very own game title ‘Crimson Eclipse’ which will have been created completely using Sable, this will be a chance for us to showcase what sable is capable of, it will also be a chance for us to fully road test Sable and make any appropriate finetuning and adjustments. Sables release will not be until after that game. I don’t have any details on release for that game yet, but as  soon as we have more details to share on the game our game design team will be sure to share them here on the forum.

Wow, that was longer than I expected, but hopefully answers everyone’s questions and maybe even a few questions which hadn’t yet been asked. As ever thanks for the continue support, stay safe and remember .. only 4 more sleeps to Sunday!  smile

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
email: i...@ebonskystudios.com
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : toto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : johanntrm7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xvordan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : johanntrm7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tomecki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Zersiax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector