Re: Creating a code free RPG using Sable(video 14), by Ebon Sky Studios

Hi everyone,

Great to see so many people excited about this coming Sunday and the public release. for those eagerly awaiting Sunday, I’ll share a little more news below, then I’ll also answer the questions which have come in too, below is  some information on current testing and the upcoming public release:
- testing is all still going really well, again huge thanks to the ten testers who are all doing a fantastic job helping find bugs and issues.
-as I’ve seen a few people mention beta testing, it’s probably just worth reminding everyone that in fact Sable is only still in its alpha stage of development, so it’s not in beta, it still needs polish in places and extra features and functionality in others and it’s not the finished product. We wanted to release a public QA test version, so everyone has the chance to test out sable, as a way to say thank  you to everyone for all your continued support. We also hope you will be happy helping by reporting any issues or bugs you find, since at this stage of testing our primary focus is on functionality of Sable.
- We have mentioned that Sable will have an expiry date, for anyone wanting to know I can confirm the expiry date for Sable will be the 31st may, so it will give everyone three weeks to test and play with Sable, before the software expires.
-finally , -@ Sean Terry, thanks for the post. So yes it would be possible to create something like this. you could use wall tiles to block off an area and create the stairs shape you want. Then simply place an auto transition  on y75 z 1, which leads to y76 z2. When the player reaches y75  since it is an auto transition the player will be seamlessly moved from y75 z 1 to y76 z2. you can choose for no sound to play when the transition is used and since it is an auto transition , this means  as soon as the player stands on that tile they will be seamlessly moved, without even realising they have gone through a transition. This is really handy for creating things exactly like what you have asked for here like stairs. One of the things I’m looking forward to with Sable, is getting to see all the creative ways people use the tools in Sable to create unique features. Transitions are a great example of this, above we used them to create a stairwell, in the last video I put on our YouTube channel, where I used a trigger object to create a pit the player could fall down into and die, but I used transitions also there to make a way the player could swing over that same pit to the other side and safety.

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
email: i...@ebonskystudios.com
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : johanntrm7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : toto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : johanntrm7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xvordan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : johanntrm7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tomecki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Zersiax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector