Re: Accessible e-mail client for Linux

Hi there,
so, after two days of playing and Evolution tricking me, I have finally managed to trick Evolution. big_smile
Firstly, I have cleaned my inbox a bit on gmail side by creating and applying filters, removing unnecessary messages, and splitted my emails to individual folders.

Then on Evolution side, i have successfully resolved all critical issues. The primary navigation tree for folders seems to be inexpandable, but when I pressed ctrl+G, in the goto dialog, I was able to dig into my account just fine, and switching folders is okay even in the primary tree.

E-mails reading seemed problematic at first, but then I found out, that all you need to do is to press shift+tab just after opening an e-mail, and you can read without problems.
Shift+tab is actually quite useful even in the main window, as you can jump from the navigation tree to messages list pressing it just twice, whereas tab would be needed to use far more times.

I have even managed to edit arrangement of columns of messages list without sighted assistance. Finding the trick required some patience, but when I found it, it's quite easy to do. All you need is to scroll to top in one of your folders, then jump back by shift+tab to "In actual folder combo-box" element of the screen. Then its necessary to find one of messages by Orca's screen navigation (thatone performed with super + u, super + p etc. I don't know the english name) and navigate into space between two columns. There are few characters announced as symbol, they must be at least three. Right-click on lastone and select Customize current view.
In the displayed dialog, you can edit which columns are displayed and which are not as simply as checking or unchecking them. After saving, all checked items are moved to top of the list, what allows you to rearrange them as you want, although in slightly untraditional way.

The issue with sending messages can be easily solved by writing in Pluma or other text editor first, and then pasting to the window, which is quite accessible, when it comes to identifying individual elements.

The last thing I am struggling with is finding a way to save attachments without opening them. I already saw Save as button once, but I can't make it show again for now, stupid dialog. smile

But otherwise, I am quite satisfied, it works just like I would imagine it to work. It might be better of course, but its far better than MailSpring for example, which I tried and which doesn't contain a single accessible element. big_smile

Best regards

Rastislav