Re: how far have we really taken these rules on the forum!

I've got nothing personal against Jayde, or any of the admins for that matter. If any other admin said the things Jayde is saying, and I know they would, I would be saying the same thing. Also, Jayde, remember that until now, I've always been understanding of why the rules are there. Hell, I still do understand why the rules are there. At this point though, it looks like you're taking the rules way too literally. As pointed out before, jailbreaking is also against Apples terms of service. Are you going to start considering anything that breaks Apples terms of service, Microsoft's terms of service, Google's terms of service, or my dog's terms of service as a form of piracy?
Hypothetical scenario:

Forum User 1 wrote:

Hey guys, how can I jailbreak my IPhone. After all, I paid $1000 for this phone, so I should be able to have full control over it.

Jayde wrote:

Moderation: Jailbreaking is a violation of Apple's terms of service, so doing this is considered piracy. This thread is being locked, and you'll be receiving a warning. Don't do it again.

Forum User 2 wrote:

Really? Are you serious? It's his phone, shouldn't he be able to do with it what he wants?

Jayde wrote:

Don't keep pushing this, or we'll start being stricter.

I can't see a single difference between what's going on now and the hypothetical situation I just made up. Is ruling this forum with an iron fist really the approach you desire to go for, Jayde?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : simba via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : simba via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector