Re: Crazy party sound sourcing

In reality, our argument is just as true as it always was. Nintendo would not care. There is a huge chance for them ignoring the report. You know why? Because they have much larger copyright issues to deal with all the time, larger than 1000 blind players playing Crazy party and making no money by doing that. It could also potentially bring them very, very bad publicity in media shutting down an audiogame which is doing them no harm. So no, I still stand by the opinion that they could not care less. I Have no reason to risk it to proove a point however, and no intentions of potentially destroying a great audiogame and an even greater developer just to proove a point, even if it is a 0.1 percent chance that it might go wrong. That is where the difference is, and that is where I believe you are taking the purpose of the forum  wrongly. Our goal is to promote audiogames, not to proove that my point is right and yours is wrong. Because in the end you, me, or anyone else doesn't matter. The forum will continue to exist, new and even better games will hopefully be created, and new developers will hopefully keep coming. We are supposed to show them they are welcome, not that they have to make sure that in their game with 1000 sounds sound number 674 does not meet all copyright rights of a corporation making billions. This is even more the case with a free game, where a developer is doing all he can to provide a great game in his free time while making no money. Heck, CP does not even have a donation link, so literally Pragma earned 0 cents with Crazy party. Again, when you are making some money off your project, that's an entirely different story and then you have little excuse not to find some good sounds that fit your project. So being that when we were talking about audiovault, Mac VM, whatever else that you don't like you have been saying how our focus is audiogaming, then let's agree on that and drop this stupidity forever. Honestly, I am positively surprised at the way the situation was currently handled and that you have realized that the forum should have an exception for audiogames. However, lately this seems to be brought again as an issue, but as long as it stays the way it is I have nothing to argue about. If it doesn't however, no matter how you try to spin it, the people who say that the forum's purpose was destroyed were completely right. The purpose is promotion of audiogames, and that's the end of the story.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector