Re: Crazy party sound sourcing

One quick point, though:
Do you understand the concept of a thought experiment?
Because that's pretty much what this was.

People were bound and determined that big companies don't care, but in a hypothetical scenario, when challenged to defend that position, they said it's not worth the risk. To say it isn't worth the risk implies that there -is a risk to begin with.

If I challenge you right now to open the nearest window and yell "I'm a hemophiliac!" many people won't bother, but they won't be refusing because they're afraid of harm. They'll be refusing because it's silly, or because they just flat can't be bothered. Know why? Because while yelling "I'm a hemophiliac!" out your window might draw stares and make you sound weird, it also won't constitute a threatening action of any kind. It is a zero-risk action, so refusal will not be based on an assessment of reprisal.

Your reaction to my fictitious proposal to report CP to Nintendo, even after I proposed it as an experiment, exposed that there is, in fact, a risk in doing so. In fact, I'd even argue that your vehemence on the subject suggests that you know damn well that the risk is bigger than perhaps you'd like to credit, but it's easier to maintain the fiction that big companies don't care than it is to test that theory. It does not mean I wish to do it (in fact, did I not say that I'd prefer not to?). It does not state that I think it's best. So all your talk of how I'm risking the community for one game just tells me that you missed the point entirely. You were so focused on how dangerous and awful and self-centered and whatever else my actions would be that you failed to note that I have not acted, and do not intend to act, in this capacity at all.

Basic psychology at its best. Thank you for demonstrating the efficacy of thought experiments.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector