Re: how far have we really taken these rules on the forum!

Right. Well, regardless of our individual feelings about this, we need to do what's right according to copyright law if we want to avoid the forum getting into any legal trouble with 100% certainty. We can sit, stand, lie, cartwheel, levitate, jog, or whatever here depending on our preferences when accessing the forum and debate all we want, but we're getting nowhere fast. This is what I suggest, and it's likely going to anger quite a few people. Some of these things have already been suggested at one time or another.

1. Remove Crazy Party from the database until we can be sure it has no pirated sounds, and forbid anyone to link to it as per rule 3. No beating around the bush, no debates, just remove it and be done. End of discussion. People can still play it, and that should be good enough.

2. Refuse to add games to the database if they're found to have pirated sounds from well-known games, movies, TV shows, etc. We obviously can't do anything if they're stock sounds anyone can buy or download for free, but we can forbid games with obviously pirated sounds.

3. Refuse to add games to the database if they're based on an existing copyrighted work without a license. This means no Star Wars, Star Trek, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc.

4. Remove any and all existing games from the database that violate the last two on a case by case basis. This means no one would have to comb through the database unless they really want to, but some effort should be made. Yes, this also means Jim kitchen's games, GMA's Star Trek game, Clash of Lightsabers, etc. This is all or nothing here.

5. Do this as soon as possible so we can get back to discussing audiogames instead of going round and round in circular debates about copyright that make me want to slam my head into a wall. I mean... unless people like discussing that sort of thing. But for the love of all thins both holy and unholy, we need to take an official stance as a community and stay there.

Are some of these suggestions a bit draconian? Well, sure, but so is copyright law in a lot of instances. That's just the way it is right now.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : simba via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector