Re: how far have we really taken these rules on the forum!

ok, I have held myself back from posting on this topic, because frankly I do not have much to say that has already been said, and bringing the arguments up again serves no purpose. But i'm only going to say this. First of all, believe it or not, I am in full agreement that sounds of crazy party need to be changed. It os justified that these games should be taken down. For those of you who are making the argument that these companies who the sounds were "borrowed" from won't care, they don't know that these sounds are being used in the first place, so that, to me, is not an argument which holds much ground. We don't know that they would or wouldn't care, because they don't know about these sounds being used for other projects. Does this excuse make it any more right? No. How would you feel if someone took your hard work and used it for something else without so much as giving you credit? In this case, I am talking about sound design. There was a time when I was on the other side of this issue. I thought, "Is this really a big deal?" But the more I think about it, and the more of Jade's posts I have read, the more I am in agreement that something needs to be done. For those of you who think that changing sounds in a game will take forever, and complain that you won't get to play your favorite game for perhaps months, I ask you this. Are games a want, or are games a need?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : simba via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : fatih via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector