Re: The Synthizer Thread

@29
I wanted to use Rust, but they don't have const generics or super mature SIMD.  There is rather a lot of type-level metaprogramming going on w.r.t. inline buffers to avoid pointer chasing for example.  But rayon would have been amazing and there's already been bugs that Rust would have saved me from (including one that's outstanding that I'm going to try to track down this weekend).  Me, audio programming, and Rust is ironic.  Rust is now mature enough for something like Libaudioverse, but since I did Libaudioverse I learned why most of Libaudioverse's internals weren't as good as they should have been and pushed the bar higher, and now it's yet again beyond where Rust is at by just enough that Rust became a poor fit.

Rust bindings are pretty simple for it.  Everything synthizer is a handle.  You can duplicate what the Python bindings are doing with respect to properties using macros and mostly call it a day.  In fact Python might end up using Jinja2 to get Rust-style code generation in order to avoid the overhead of descriptors, eventually.  That said you might want to wait in case I change the API in some major way--this is still young enough that I can't promise that I won't.