Re: Accessible NAS?

Hi all.
I myself use a Raspberry pi, as one of the posters here said. Oh, a note for the person who uses the Pi as a NAS, check out NTFS3G. It's a driver that should help.
But yes, using a raspberry pi is a solution on the more geek side of things. but on the flip side, the Pi itself is only 35 US dollars, runns off of a micro USB (you'll probabbly recognize it as what most android devices are powered by), it's small and there are a ton of guides online on how to make it do way more than just store files for you.
For example, my raspberry pi allows me to upload files to it with Samba, runs a teamtalk server, runs transmission-daemon (a remote controllable Bittorrent client) BTSync... and more.
If you're looking for an inexpensive NAS solution, the Pi could be what you're looking for.
One of the cool things about the Pi as a NAS server is that you don't need to buy hard drives, you can simply use your own.

Here are some l inks you may want to look at:

Raspberry Pi Home page
http://www.raspberrypi.org
FreeNas (a solution where u can use an old computer to do basically the same thing as teh pi)
http://www.freenas.org