Re: Using Slang is Homophobic now?

Nope, sorry, I think it does need to be brought up and dealt with.  Wording like straight or straight up have been around for as long as I've been alive and not until recently, mostly today?  did I even know it was an issue!  What in the actual blazes is going on with people!  If you have to straight up start combing your writing for what everyone on a forum is going to find ofensive/triggered, maybe your forum isn't worth having, or there are people who just flat out need to leave it for another day when they can deal with the fact that not everyone is refering to the junk they carry around in their pants and what they do with it!
and to be honest?  I don't care what you're doing with it!  I don't want to know what you're doing with it!  I grew up in a time where the beauty of sex lay in the fact that it was limited to the people involved.  Now, it seems you want to involve everyone but you get entirely upset when people don't like what you're involving them in.  Once upon a time we said it takes two to tango but no one is forced to dance.  Now, apparently everyone should go into the ballroom and to the wolves with you if you don't like it?  No way!  I'm sincerely not interested!  What you do and who you do it with is seriously none of my business, and if wordplay is going to bring it out because you think the world is refering to you by something as simple as using a word combo I'm not even sure what words I should use to refer to you, but whatever they are are probably not something you're going to like, either.
On the other hand, if the person in question is known for making remarks of that nature and you can pin it to them?  If the shoe fits?  Ya might as well wear it.  In essence, if you're a phobe of any kind, no amount of verbage is going to save you so you might as well straight up own up to it and get on with your life and take a hike.  So yeah, the street goes both ways.  If you want to get mad because you feel like you're being targeted on every corner, the issue might be with you.  On the other hand, if you're the one targeting and you think you're going to get away with it because of the words you're using, chances are you should step back into the closet, stand in front of the mirror, take a few deep breaths and not come back out until you are ready to face yourself for who and what you personally are!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector