Re: Does anyone on here (sighted or not) enjoy shooting?

Difference between being scared and cautious IMO. Just touching a gun isn't going to actually discharge a round. Most accidents happen because of carelessness. Key word being most as some guns do end up being defective but are you going to blame the guy shooting or the manufacturer?
Here's an example. My stepdad showed me one of the BB guns he had in his closet, a cheap little thing that probably shoots below 200 fps and wouldn't hurt that much, and the first thing I did when he handed it to me was look for the mag release button to see if it had BBs in it and low and behold, it did.
Someone scared would've flinched and dropped it because "oh no, gun! Gun kills and me can die!" Someone who is knowledgeable and respects guns and is handed one that they personally don't handle, will check the magazine to see if it has bullets or whatever in it, pull it out and rack the slide to eject any rounds that may be chambered, etc.
I don't think anyone has to be interested in any of this and personally if I bring it up as an offer and theirs a definite no, that'll be the end of it unless they want to talk about it. Nothing wrong with that at all. Not everyone is trying to compensate for their self-perceived lack of penile length, so to speak, just because they enjoy shooting.