Re: Mause game, new killing game!

Stasp, your last post is exactly what I'm talking about.

Can you prove to me, or to any of us, that you know for certain exactly why Nuno is taking issue with stuff that maybe shouldn't be in the game?

That's a rhetorical question. Unless Nuno comes out and says that you're right, there is not enough proof. In other words, you stating that it's fact when it's not provable is just the sort of thing I want to put a stop to.

And let's not hand-wave the real problem, shall we? If this game does contain assets it shouldn't, then Nuno is right to report it, regardless of his perceived motivations. Please don't talk about Crazy Party, in particular, as that's an outlier and, by all rights, should be removed from our database for literally hundreds of copyright infractions. Put another way, just because CP is getting away with it does not mean that future games should do it, and does not give this game a free pass. If there assets in this game that shouldn't be here, I'd like to see them removed. Pates said something about removing one problematic track, but the reason I asked my original question is because I don't know if there were more sounds. If there are, then this may require moderation.

To be clear, folks, when you make a new game, regardless of its quality, regardless of its scope, you should try really, really hard not to just borrow assets from other games or franchises. It's doubly bad if you use copyrighted assets, but it's generally not a good idea in any case. If you want to use sounds from a free sound library that everyone's got, fine, knock yourself out. If you want to swipe a track or three from an established game, that's generally not okay and will be dealt with.

In short: Stasp, stop assuming you know why Nuno is doing what he does. If you weren't supporting people doing something wrong, then you wouldn't have anything to complain about. As it stands though, right now you just sound like someone using the "yeah-but" defense. Trying to deflect blame everywhere except where it truly belongs.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : djsenter via Audiogames-reflector