Re: amazing JAWS offer for those in the UK!

NevEd wrote:

Nobody gives a shit if you use JAWS. We're not even saying its a bad product, for the most part, but the company behind it, as well of its price.
Its thread piracy because someone brought up another Screen Reader and triggered a debate about how good this JAWS offer was or not? Really?
I think people are more passionate about NVDA than JAWS, because, first, its free and donation backed, no more plunking down $1200 or $800 for a JAWS license. Secondly, it actually works great for 99% of things.

1. It does seem like a lot of people do "give a shit" if other people use JAWS. At the first mention of JAWS in almost any topic, you see people running in saying "Use NVDA instead!" This to me seems like a lot of people do seem to care that other people might use JAWS, as if it impacts their life in any way whatsoever.
2. Yes. It is thread piracy when the original topic is about a JAWS offer, and then people come in full-tilt discussing a topic completely unrelated to JAWS. Post 2, if I may quote:

omer wrote:

i have a better offer wich costs 0.0 credits
its called n v d a

From there on, look at how many posts are talking about NVDA, or bashing JAWS' developer, etc (none of which is on topic). This would be tantamount to someone opening a topic talking about a sale on Coke, and people flood in to brag that pepsy is better.
Would it be ok for me to raid this NVDA doesn't read Visual studio Combo boxes topic and shout that NVDA clearly isn't cutting it and that the poster in question should be using JAWS?

3. I don't care whether or not NVDA is donation, or free, or works great for whatever. My point is that you guys need to grow the heck up and let people who appreciate JAWS, you know, appreciate JAWS. It's not a crime for anyone to like JAWS, and it certainly isn't good community conduct for you guys to rush JAWS topics espousing the greatness is that NVDA. Do you think anyone whose comfortable using and paying for JAWS will give a crap how you feel about NVDA?
Being passionate is fine, but how about you guys go be passionate about NVDA in a topic specifically for that, rather than deliberately derailing a topic about JAWS just to shout how much you love NVDA? This screams insecurity in your product to me. Maybe that's why JAWS users don't need to scream and shout at every turn that JAWS is so great. It works for them, and they don't need to try to convince anyone else that it does.

Kai