Re: Creating a code free RPG using Sable(video 14), by Ebon Sky Studios

Hi Bryan,

I know what you mean, I’ve seen this in main stream games, actually  before Ebon Sky Studios or Sable I started to hard code an RPG, one of the first battles was with the arms master (or someone like that), more about teaching some of the basics of battle, but was completely impossible to win. At the end of the battle rather than killing the player it went into a cut scene didn’t actually kill the player, just moved to a cut scene, where you were thrown a potion to recover and encouraged to track him down when you had a little more battle experience under your belt to challenge him again later in the game. I don’t think something like that would be hard to code into Sable, just an  extra flag at the point of creating the battle trigger event, which tells Sable not to kill the party if they are defeated. The more tricky thing would be if you wanted it to fire at a specific point in the battle, rather  than once  they are all defeated, since I’m sure almost everyone  would want something different, so that might make it more tricky in this current version of Sable.

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
email: i...@ebonskystudios.com
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/