Re: monthly chat june 2020

@Wing of eternity, I've heard of the chronicles of aambar, Zelasni is an author I really need to get to since he's sort of both considered a classic and also quite off the wall.

@Dark Eagle, I've read the dresden files, but not Butcher's fantasy. I hope the main character of those is less irritating than the winy occasionally chauvinistic wizard big_smile. Actually in fairness I did enjoy the Dresden books as random fun and will read the next one when it comes out.

@Mirage, Yes, things are a wee bit stresful right now so the prayers are appreciated, hope your getting better in turn.

@Zack93, I have had a look at the cog script system, though it seems annoyingly dependent upon tabs for it's parsing. It's something I might consider, though at the moment I'm more thinking traditional writing than interactive.
plus of course, I think I would prefer to write stories where your gender/sexuality actually affects the plot in some way so Cog's new habbit of having the main character as a blank slate with gender/etc as essentially a choice of hairdo wouldn't suit me anyway, quite aside from the fact their so called gender choices get so out there they actually feela little restrictive, EG what ever happened to just being a nice, gentle guy who doesn't call himself sisgender, or simply not choosing to pursue romantic   options if that's your choice rather than ticking an "aromantic" box, then again i talked about this in a topic about delight games a while back so probably shouldn't go into it again.

Mud wise, I need to try banished lands, though I was a wee bit put off by the idea of a mud that is a little directionless, since I do like quests to complete etc, even in terms of crafting, and my one problem with lament was that I started with a bunch of skills and was then completely unsure of what I actually should do in the game to use them, or even to begin making money or items. Clok at least had a miner suggested tutorial to get you started.
Iron realms games I haven't tried yet.

Mostly I've been playing cosmic rage, though I've recently got back to Erion and am loving some of the new systems, especially the magical gardening.

I don't mind confessing that today we're a bit tense. My lady has her appointment tomorrow to basically go and see if the tumour is gone, which also means going into hospital risking corona, and risking my parents getting corona, despite taking a bunch of precautions, even like covering the car in plastic, so things are not entirely fun right now.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector