Re: Full breakdown of all accessibility functionality in The Last Of Us 2

Greetings! Back again to answer a few more things.
1:  Technically, you can't exactly tell when you're behind an enemy, but you can still get all the information you need to know. If you approach an enemy slowly, while crouching, you will get a warning rumble if you're about to step into their line of sight, at which point you should probably back off for a second. If they are turned away from you, though, you will simply get the triangle prompt when you're close enough, which will allow you to grab them and either kill them immediately with square, or drag them away, or use them as a human shield... Whatever you decide. Crouching, by the way, is initiated by pressing circle once.
Also, one concession that has been made for the blind is a feature called invisibility while prone. If you hold circle for a second, Elly will go prone, lying flat on the ground. This in itself can provide decent cover for her, but for the blind, it was decided that we'd provide the option to make her invisible in this state. The reasoning behind this is that we, the blind, can't actually see the physical cover that might help us, so we have a  sort of natural cover this way. The invisibility does not work against dogs and their scent-tracking abilities though, so it isn't simply an easy mode. Also, if an enemy is close enough to you that they'd basically be stepping on you, you will still get detected, prompting you to remain careful.
If you still feel invisibility makes stealth too easy, though, there is another option you may wish to use to challenge yourself. Switch invisibility to "limited," and then you will only be able to remain invisible for a certain amount of time. The time will be determined by the difficulty you have Stealth set to. This can be based on which difficulty you select, (easy, normal, hard, survivor), but remember also that the difficulty can be customized, so you can influence this directly by changing stealth difficulty regardless of which of these you chose.

I also feel I need to respond directly to post 83. While I answered your question about being able to move freely, I do want to stress one thing. Using the tools, like assisted navigation, does not make the game easy. You still have to handle your enemies, be that going all out and attacking, being stealthy, or whatnot. Even if you use navigation all the time to find all the items and to always go down the golden path, encounters will still be challenging. But for those who simply want to experience the game's story, there are plenty of ways to make them challenging as well. You can get as much or as little difficulty out of this as you like, regardless of whether or not you use the navigation help. Keep in mind here that, while L3 may point you in the direction you're supposed to go, that way will often be blocked by hoards of infected or groups of human enemies with guns and explosives and all manner of weaponry.
In response to the post asking about recommended settings for challenging stealth but fun combat, I will again recommend limited invisibility, combined with whichever stealth difficulty you like. But if you want the combat to be just pure fun, maybe lower the damage enemies do to you, and increase the damage Elly does to them. All these are options you can set. Again, it is super duper customizable.
I hope this answers more of your questions. Keep 'em coming!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Veljko via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : superblindman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gamer95440 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : razvitasca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : superblindman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : razvitasca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : superblindman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector