Re: I get anxious over small things.

No clue.  Here's another one for ya, and this one happened to me at the most inconvenient moment.  I decided I was going to try and play it smart and keep my job related stuff on google chrome and use firefox for personal web browsing and the like.  the reason for this is simple: since I use google meets which does work to some extent when on work conference calls and the like, and since I'm generally invited to said conferences using my work email, and since I don't want to have to sign out of my personal gmail account every time just to have to sign into my business gmail account just to access said conferences, I figured I'd just keep one on one and the other on the other.
So, to shorten the above, business gmail on chrome, personal gmail on firefox.  Bare in mind that up until I decided to try and put this change into effect I had already used FF on google meets with my business account and done so without any hiccup.  I sign into google chrome with my business account thinking this should be a piece of cake; I shouldn't have any issues.  Wrong.  Chrome is not able to detect my default audio device.  IN fact, not only can it not detect my default audio device; it detects none.  Why?  I have no, friggin, idea.  Switch back to FF and it's working just fine.  I thought maybe it might be a windows firewall issue but saw no notifications in windows security.
Want to know what fixes it?  I have to set my audio-interface as my communications device!  Never in my wildest dreams... I mean it's like the more advanced we get with our computers and technology, the more hoops we have to jump through just to get them to work properly!  This audio router issue I mentioned above?  I'm willing to bet anyone a free lunch that, had I used it in 7 instead of 10 I wouldn't have run into the issues I ran into on this guy's computer a couple of nights ago.  I wish I could figure out what the real culprit is here, since I can get audio router to work with FF on my end and I'm running win 10.  The only huge difference I see is that I have an audio-interface and that guy's only using a cheap external USB card.  Of course, the reason that doesn't exactly make sense to me is that it does selectively rout other bits of software successfully; it's just having a cow with FF.