Re: should I get an Apple developer account?

Personally, I won't get an apple dev account just for beta testing, there are alot of things I could buy with that amount of money. Plus, those things would be more fun for me than testing bugs, but I admit, that might be just me.
btw, @16: I am sorry to break it so harshly, but, if you're going to develop the iOS way which you probably are going to do sometime anyway, you can't really use XCode and enjoy it too, at least if you're completely blind and relying on voiceover. For example, last I checked, the only way to build GUI's is to use storyboards and interface builder, which is, shall we say, slightly... anoying. With vo, you must perform mouse manipulation, you really have to physically drag/drop those components on the window. In my opinion, that alone should make you search for a better alternative to XCode.
plus, the window area of XCode itself is layed out strangely indeed, in viewgroups or something. Personally, I'd break my mac after a hundred or so interacting with grouping...stop interacting with grouping... all over again, just to be able to navigate afew panes and tools and whatever.
Regarding programming languages, apple controlls that too, of course. As far as I know, the **supported**programming languages are swift, C, C++ and objective C. That's all, I think. Now, I ask you: are you a beginner with programming? if not, then you may be able to learn swift in normal circumstances. Or, you may want to try even C/objective C/c++ if you're brave enough:(
but if not? then, thanks to apple, we have swift playground...but wait... it is? not quite as accessible as I'd think, if at all. Last time I checked it, it was completely inaccessible.
of course, apple has alot of courses on application and gui design, but, sadly, like the google android tutorials and some microsoft articles on microsoft docs, they focus too much on the visual part, that a blind beginner in coding will stumble, mostly dassled, through one such course, without understanding anything concrete.
This is why I never developed for the mac. But if you still want to, try visual studio for mac or, if accessible to VO, visual studio code.
Sorry for such an oftopic... rant? But I figured that as long as we are at this, I might just add in my opinions and findings out here.
Disclaimer: I haven't looked in the mac development thing for quite a while now, but, if you say you want an older XCode, you might encounter such problems and inconveniences, so better be aware of those things now, rather than experiencing them the hard way later, when you already have your application in mind.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector