Re: should I get an Apple developer account?

What is your programming background?

As a software developer with 20 or so years of experience, I'm not looking forward to ever having to do iOS development. That's due less to any iOS dislike, and more due to just how complicated it is. I'm doing some UWP/Xbox development right now and it's a huge pain in the ass. I wouldn't even choose to do that if I didn't want to try running software on my Xbox, and if I didn't have the patience/experience to keep on pushing through some pretty substantial roadblocks.

Also, walled-garden ecosystems like Apple/Microsoft can move very quickly. I'd be incredibly hesitant to voluntarily install an older version of Xcode, particularly since it's so core to doing any Apple development. Put another way, something will eventually happen that forces you onto the newer version. Whether you go kicking and screaming or not is entirely up to you, but explicitly choosing to start development on an already-outdated Xcode is setting you up for a kicking-and-screaming experience.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector