Re: This title needs to go

Zarvox, I'm not going to argue that it stifles a person's right to free speech. You're not suggesting that people shouldn't bring this up at all, you're suggesting that people find a different way to do it.

In certain cases, I agree with you. DanGero basically calling someone out well after a situation had died down is an example. I felt then, and feel now, that while he might have had good points to bring to the table, it might've been done better another way.
Other examples aren't springing readily to mind, but I see what you're getting at here. Sometimes, it really is better to just go to us privately about something.

But changing a forum rank, or at the very least asking for someone to tweak your rank because it's upsetting you? I don't think that's an automatic hush-hush matter, as you do. Could Haily have done it that way? Sure, and we'd have processed it quietly. But should she have to? My answer is no.
Because either way you look at it, you're hung. If it really isn't a big deal, then what's the harm in posting it publicly for all and sundry to see? And if it -is a big deal, why is it up to Haily to make sure the forum doesn't treat her badly, instead of, y'know, being up to other forum members not to dogpile her when they can't wrap their heads around the fact that this grievance is simply outside of their own lived experience? It sounds a bit like you're asking Haily to not only police herself, but also to magically know that this situation was going to make the forum lose its shit. You yourself pointed out that this is new, so Haily couldn't possibly have known that this would be the result.

I suppose you can make the argument that now that it's been determined that the forum is going to freak out about almost everything, people should be much quieter. But I don't want to foster that dynamic any more than can absolutely be helped. The absolute worst I can say about Haily's first post is that I think it was trying to get rid of a problem for everyone that really only existed demonstrably for her, and she has since apologized for making that unclear. I think the rest of it - her decision to post at all, her feelings about being misgendered by a forum rank - were fair enough. Are they the end of the world? No, of course not. But they're also not at all difficult to fix.

We'll let you folks know when at least one more staff member speaks up on the subject. Until then, there's nothing I'm prepared to do, as I detest stepping on people's toes. I beg your patience in the meantime, Haily.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector