Re: This title needs to go

All I will say is this: post 69 clearly outlined precisely why I haven't given my opinion on this matter -- though from a different perspective. I'll summarize it though -- I know that me jumping in here and adding my own opinion, which would be firmly along with Jayde, would only add to the dumpster fire that this topic has become. Do I believe in transgenderism? Yes, I do. I am a scientist, and any good scientist has an open mind. Anyone who says that there are only two genders, and two sexes, is locking themselves into a closed-minded space. However, whether I believe in it or not is entirely irrelevant; I have no right, and would never have the right, to force my beliefs onto anyone. Do I believe that the eradication of the title that Haily currently holds is overkill? Yep, I certainly do. Do I believe that a simple custom change on her behalf, and only her behalf, is overkill? Na; it doesn't affect me. Its not a forum-wide change. And the strings attached to the deal would be that the title would only remain for the duration that it takes for Haily to exceed the post limit for that title. That's it. That seems perfectly reasonable to me. And its also perfectly reasonable to examine that on a case-by-case basis, too. Will it be complicated? Sure thing! But is it most likely the best solution? Yes. Why? Because it will cause the least intrusion on everyone else's preferences. If the title is changed forum-wide, it is changed for [everyone], both present and future. That means that the mods -- and anyone else who agrees with a forum-wide change -- are forcing their preferences regarding that title on everyone else and not allowing everyone else to have a say (I'm talking about those who don't chip into discussions about this, or those who aren't even members yet). On matters of legality or others of great importance, this is an acceptable cost to pay. On matters of this kind of importance (e.g.: not important at all because its only a single members preference, and its only what a single member wants, and therefore isn't important to anyone else but the member wanting the change), its entirely unacceptable. Therefore, a case-by-case approach is best here. Another alternative is lowering the number of posts to allow for custom titles, however that may cause its own problems.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : soren via Audiogames-reflector