Re: Help me with a little Manamon 2 Fun

You're right, I forgot all about chimerus. I hate its cry and being part sound basically doubles its ghost and undead resistances. Also, it's trying to be a jack of all trades by getting all kinds of moves from both sides of the spectrum. It's not awful, but it's...not all that good. Ever notice that Grandlan's moveset, apart from Eclipse Rocket and Meteor Rush, is all physical? That means it's relatively easy to specialize. An ideal Grandlan moveset (Blaze Rampage, Crystal Slash, Aura Master, Tunnel, Poison Tail) hits poison, flame, air, insect, plant, steel, fighting, dragon, electric, stone, shadow, undead all super-effectively. If you use Scourge Tail, you lose the ability to hit shadow super-effectively, but gain the ability to also hit magic and ghost. That is absolutely insane coverage. Which I actually like in a big-picture sense. If other manamon had even two-thirds of this coverage, I think that would be to the good. But yeah, Chimerus gets magic and sound, plus random Fly and Heaven's Winds. So at best, it can cover fighting, ghost, undead, shadow, plant, insect, stone, ice...but it has to do it with either two-turn attacks with an accuracy penalty (Fly), 60-power special moves (Heaven's Winds) or a mix of physical and special moves (Sonic Force, Aura Impact). Again, it's not awful, but anything Chimerus does, Grandlan does way, way better.
To be fair to Cofatena, I haven't tried it yet. It looks to be balanced at a lot of stuff, but it looks like its only physical magic move is the one that can also be steel. I'm pretty sure it gets Sawtooth, and an immunity to earth actually means it resists a ton of stuff. I'm going to have to seriously try one sometime; getting it near the end of the game when your team is already around level 55-60 doesn't help it here, so maybe I'll breed this one and play around with it.
Anyway, you're right that I forgot those two. That's my fault.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zuckuss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mara via Audiogames-reflector