help with Harry potter TXT files?

hi.
My friend says I'm really picky but lol I don't care.
Basicly what I want to do, is get rid of a sertan amount of new lines, or enter presses in most of my hp stories.

For example, if you look above, you'll see that i put 3 New lines. Or three enter presses.
I'd basicly like a way to make that layout only one enter press.

In the storie I'm reading at the moment, It's, line, three enter presses, line, repete. Which Is quite annoying for me, because I want it to be one line then enter then one line.

yes I can do it by hand but it takes a very long time.

Is there some tool or other way of doing this?

Yes I know txt files are small, but lol I want to make them even smaller, and removing lines will do that, as far as I know.