Re: What do you guys think of Pascal, in terms of accessibility and modern

@op, I can tell you that I have never seen pascal used in anything I've downloaded other than cheat engine and Innosetup. Pascal is pretty much dead. Its been dead for a long, long time. It doesn't help that there are like 3 different variants of it either (object pascal, pascal, turbo pascal, delphi pascal...). If they want to teach you something unusual, they'd be better off teaching you Ada. smile As for answers to your questions:
1. Are there any hurdles I'll have to jump through? IE, inaccessible IDE, compillor or some other reason? Or is it accessible out of the box? Or do I have to do anything specific for accessibility with NVDA?
There is a compiler -- free pascal -- that's just CLI-based. There's an IDE too, but that's pretty much entirely inaccessible.
2. Would you recommend it for audiogame development, or just regular software development in general? Or do you suggest I just deal with it to pass my class?
Deal with it to pass your class. You have no reason to use it anywhere else, and no modern workplace even uses it. (That makes me think of COBOL... I don't even think anyone uses that anymore either.)
3. Is it modern? I know it has some age behind it, but python does as well, and its still being developed and widely used.
The difference between Python and Pascal is that Python was made in 1990 and is still actively maintained; Pascal was made in 1970 and, to my knowledge, no one maintains a compiler for it anymore.
4. Does it use indentation or braces? I'll find that one out when I get to the site, but I'd just thought I'd ask here as well.
Neither. I'll show you a hello-world program in a moment.
5. Do you actually use it?
No. I have no use for it anywhere.
6. Do you think Caribbean schools should teach something better? Or is it fine for basic teaching?
By far, yes. They should. They should be teaching you C/C++ like every other university does.
7. Would you take Pascal over PB and BGT? Or are they all equal?
No.
As a hello-world program... from Rosetta Code:

program HelloWorldGraphical;

uses
  glib2, gdk2, gtk2;

var
  window: PGtkWidget;

begin
  gtk_init(@argc, @argv);

  window := gtk_window_new (GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);

  gtk_window_set_title (GTK_WINDOW (window), 'Goodbye, World');
  g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (window),
                    'delete-event',
        G_CALLBACK (@gtk_main_quit),
        NULL);
  gtk_widget_show_all (window);

  gtk_main();
end.

Yes, the period with "end" is required.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector