Recommended 2020 Laptops?

It's that time of the lifecycle for most modern (and short lived) technology. As the subject line indicates, I am thinking of getting a new laptop for multi-purpose use, with a budget of about $1500.

  I kind of want to move away from common problems I had with my laptops, that being the harddrive constantly dying or malfunctioning. So an SDD drive might work out, which most laptops are now coming out with by default. I also want to avoid those annoying compact keyboards where every freaking key has a function option to perform common commands. Along with that, action keys/media keys that aren't reversed by default. (truely, hitting function and the function keys to do common keyboard commands would get annoying fast, and some options utilize the bios to change such functions rather than a keyboard shortcut).

    So what's people recommendation for a laptop for the new decade?