blind accessible NON-APPLE smart phones

I know that a lot of people here use I Phones, and I did use it for some things. However, my parents are saying that it's time for me to upgrade my phone (by a new phone from Verizon) and I'm wondering now, if their are phones that have at least some of the features that the I Phone has that isn't an Apple product? Yes the I Phone is good, but it just does too many strange things and I simpley don't understand how to use all those weird apps. What I mean is trying to type on it or deal with all the voiceover commands, even adding a new contact or writing a text message is near impossible. It took me about 15 minutes just to enter my e-mail address, because this happened:
I typed 3 letters, then put my finger on a place that made a different clicking sound. I didn't notice that, finished typing my address and, it was spelled completely wrong. I tried again, same thing. When I tried doing this on, I think it was an android that someone had just to see if it was any different, I was able to write a full text message with no problems. Before the I Phone, I had the Samsung Intensity 2, which is a button operated basic phone. However, it does now have free access to the internet, e-mail and full accessibility. So, is it better for me to just stick with Apple products or are there better options for completely blind people? I also know about Android and that might work, I just don't know if it has all or some of the features that I Phones have. From what I've seen, that would work better.