Re: Help me with a little Manamon 2 Fun

Agreed, Derekedit. Currently just hit Requia and am about to get into barren underground, and my team is 47-50. That's actually a little high for me, but I haven't been grinding excessively, and I'm going to have fits with at least one of the stadiums coming up after Requia. I won't be fighting wild encounters anymore because most of my team wrecks most of what's in Requia's various areas, and I don't want to be, like, level 60 before I hit final protocol. I prefer some strategy in my strategy games, honestly.

Also, if and when I ever get around to working on my own RPG, I have decided that I'm going to do everything I can, within reason, to prevent cheating. I'll have to talk to some folks, if it comes to that point, to see what I can do. If you can have all your stats and levels maxed whenever you feel like it, or can have an enormous amount of items or gold, you're not playing the game the way it was intended to be played, and if I can stop you from breaking it, by god I will. I intend to work very hard on game balance, reasonable difficulty, ease of access, the whole package, to ensure that the game's difficulty curve is gentle enough that you won't find yourself getting trashed unreasonably by bad RNG really early in the game and such. When you win a tough boss battle, I want it to be because you worked out how to do it, and had the legitimate tools, not because you brute-forced it. I mean, technically, you can probably over-level and that might do it, but I've also considered scaling exp, so you get less exp from stuff as you get stronger, meaning it's a matter of diminishing returns eventually.

Incidentally, I'm a big chess player, and I think we desperately need more actual strategy games. I can't count how many times even good tamers, like stadium leaders and bosses, have had terrible AI. They'll hit me with a super-effective move, then switch for no reason to a move that does no damage at all. Or they'll have a move that will hit me hard, and just choose never to use it. AI in the manamon series is really quite basic, and it shows. I mean, it's not as bad as pokemon's gen 1 AI, where Blaine regularly uses super-potions on full-health pokemon and stuff...but yeah, it's fairly bad.
Also also? I have a Dark Shroud on Snowmonno, and its new favourite meal is Vishthaugh, which should by all rights kill it in one hit. But because Vishthaugh's only moves are holy...epic fail, guy.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zuckuss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mara via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zuckuss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zuckuss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zuckuss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zuckuss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zuckuss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mara via Audiogames-reflector