Re: MacBook frustrations

While I love my mac... Shame on apple dropping the ball on accessibility. I mean, yeah voiceover does gets updated once or more every year, but its just miner. And no, its not just on mac os. Apple watch, and ios have the same problem. And yet they clame... Oh we care about accessibility... their actions speak louder than their words. They care, but just a tad bit. If they really, really; cared as much as they say they do, voiceover would be their top or close, to their top priority. But yes we're a minority so who gives a fuck? Sirtainly not apple. Or microsoft. Or google. They have done great things, no doubt about that, but they half ass stuff. Its like, oh, mac now has a screenreader... fuck it, let's drop the ball here, fuck it. Don't get me wrong, mac is great, at least for my needs as a sound designer and music composer / producer, but its a shame on apple for not caring enough about accessibility as they should. Fuck, there is the problem in the applewatch... put it in power reserve mode... you cannot use your watch, not even to check the time. Or how about... you have autospeak enabled for ay, battery, on your watch face. Power your watch off and back on... and your previously autospeak enabled items will be disabled, making you have to reenable them again. And guess what? Thiese bugs, miner though they are; have been around for years. Yes, years. Whenever any company says they care about accessibility and don't show it, or halfass stuff... I always laugh. Care? That's, uh, not caring as you say it is. Its just... falce claims to appease people, and making them feel, oh yes, we care, etc, etc. I've seen this behavior over and over again, and no, not just from apple microsoft and google. I've seen it everywhere, with a lot of companies. I've written, and written; and absolutely nothing comes of it, even though i'm not the only one who writes. But then again, big corporate companies are only after one thing; money. Bnd since we disabled are a minority, of course they'll only do something halfassed. And before someone says that i'm acting entitled... Voiceover,, and other screenreaders and companies, while great, just do the least when it comes to it. They say they care, but then... Why isn't say, voicover improved on mac and ios and apple watch, etc? Keep it in mind, almost every company is like this. Its sad and infuriating yes, but... it is how it is.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : amerikranian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Skybear via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Skybear via Audiogames-reflector