Re: MacBook frustrations

I want to say this started back in 2012. Lion was the last version of the system to receive significant updates to VoiceOver. Everything since then has been minor tweaking. I've heard they've been improving the VoiceOver experience with Xcode over the past couple of years, but I can't speak on this as I'm not a developer. It's a shame, because there's a lot of great potential that's simply not being realized and/or expanded upon.

If the issue is simply not being comfortable with using the screen reader, I encourage you to sit down and use it for a while. Resist the temptation to go back to NVDA if you can't do something or don't find it as efficient. I agree VoiceOver has its shortcomings, but I genuinely enjoyed using it for quite a long time. Remember that you can also access the built-in tutorial and the online user guide by pressing VO+h.

As for Apple not caring about accessibility, I'm going to have to say this is absolutely false. Look at the improvements made year after year to iOS. VoiceOver on iOS is a very good product. I suspect the issue is a lack of priority on macOS. Maybe they don't have enough people to work on features for both systems at the same time, or maybe and much more liekly, someone somewhere is deciding that iOS takes priority because it's the more popular product line.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Skybear via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Skybear via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : amerikranian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector