Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

I'm starting to see reports of health experts calling for another shutdown. I wondered if it might go like this. We do a shutdown for a couple of months, reopen, cases spike, we shut everything down for a couple months, we reopen, cases spike, we repeat the process with the caveat that each shutdown will be worse than the one that came before. At this rate, the whole country will be out of work by the end of the year. Hell, at this rate, most everyone in the country will be dead by this time next year so I guess unemployment won't be much of a concern if you believe the hype. I just really can't look at the news without being tempted to smash things. I still don't see much other than hopeless helpless sorrow. Worse yet, I don't see much changing other than the names of the hotspots where all the cases and deaths are. New York was the record-holder in this doofus category. Now California is the new New York. Or is it Arizona? Texas? Florida? Same deal, with hospitals being filled beyond capacity with nowhere to put new patients and nowhere to put the dead. All of this really makes me wonder what an end to this pandemic might actually look like...

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector