Re: Your choice? Would you restore your vision?

I kind of clash with @56 here. Objectively, the Leber's defect  is just that, a genetic defect. No one could have forsene or prevented it. But when saying I would undergo a treatment that could give me 20-20 vision, I look at the big picture. If the futurist's predictions for the next 30 years in medical tech and life expectancy don't come true, then I couldn't care less. But if they do, I might be setting myself up for centuries of living blind which I wouldn't have to do otherwise. And as much as some people might not like this, if you're born blind, it defines you, to a large degree. It's such a fundamental thing that you can't make it not affect your life, from the people you interact with, to the job you end up having. If me and my sister had been born perfectly sighted, there's a real possibility we would have never put as much time into music as we have. Now my sister's about to start a year of studying in the berklee college of music, which is pretty much the #1 music college in the world. And I wouldn't have met everyone I know and like today. I wouldn't have experienced the awesome feelings you get when you perform live, and when you know that what you perform can change people's moods.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : amir tajik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : amir tajik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : amir tajik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector