Re: Your choice? Would you restore your vision?

@65
To add to that though, we're getting closer to being able to clone organs every day.  Whether that'd come before or after fully functional eye transplantation I don't know and in part it depends how zealous we are about stem cells and other things as a society.  But there are multiple companies who have gotten as far as cloned chicken nuggets being eaten by actual people.  That is, there was no chicken involved.  I believe one of them did it from feathers actually.  Now admittedly it's not growing in the shape of a nugget and it's fiddly and it's too expensive for your local restaurant, but given that the idea was entirely laughable that you'd have actual meat without the animal even 5 years or so ago and now we can put it on your plate...

Welcome to the beginnings of our science fiction future.  The first miracles are always the most expensive.  But we went from the computing equivalent of that in 1960 or so to where we are now in around 50 years.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : amir tajik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector