Re: Programming language groups for the blind community

Just Bing it?

Haha, only joking. I have no clue, sorry mate. There used to be a blind-programmers group on Google Groups. Not sure if that one is still active though.

Generally, once you've picked your language of choice, there's support groups for that particular language.

Don't forget, for text-based programming languages - even the horrible ones like C, the act of writing code is always accessible; it's text after all. Your mileage will of course vary with things like IDEs, and compilation tools. I've heard that XCode is its own special kind of hell.

Also, there's Stack Overflow et al for your questioning needs. Not specifically blind focussed obviously, but their aim is to answer all possible programming questions, and I've seen lots of a11y-related programming questions answered with great alacrity.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Blind angel 444 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Blind angel 444 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turkce_Rap via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector