Re: depressed from blindness again

If you can get enough money that you can practically consider grocery delivery, living independently isn't *that* hard, and it's not actually as expensive as you'd think it is, at least in the U.S..  You'll still want to get sighted assistance from time to time if you can manage, but I'm speaking from bitter Covid-related personal experience when I say that you can easily get to a point of being able to go months without having someone sighted around at all, if you can get the groceries handled.

But in the modern economy people live with their parents into their 20s, so it's not that big a deal.  And even if I were sighted, I'd not have been talking about independent living without a job.  But also, if you're an adult and you have the money and will to live independently, your parents shouldn't be getting a say.